kern/99979: Get Ready for Kernel Module in C++

Mike Meyer mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df at mired.org
Wed Jul 12 14:28:10 UTC 2006

In <20060712141029.35239.qmail at web32707.mail.mud.yahoo.com>, pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com typed:
> C++ is the de-facto standard for OO: a lot of people know how to use it

Oh gods, does this bring to mind lots (and *lots*) of scathing
commentary. I'll restrict myself to just one:

Windows is the de-facto standard OS: a lot of people know how to use
it.

We're bright enough to know that popularity doesn't imply technical
excellence, otherwise we wouldn't be on a FreeBSD list. Having avoided
that trap in the choice of platform, doesn't it behoove us to avoid it
elswhere?

	<mike