FreeBSD MIDI support

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Mon Jul 10 21:41:31 UTC 2006

zarko bulatovic wrote this message on Mon, Jul 10, 2006 at 04:09 -0700:
> Are there any projects regarding this topic? I recently started coding
> kernel modules, however, there are some design issues involving "way" of
> MIDI implementation, so i hoped to contact somebody who's working on the
> same thing, or to join develop. team if there is any project underway.

I'd recommend doing minimal work in the kernel, and move the real work
to userland.. When I wrote my HDTV capture card driver, I made the kernel
just do enough to set bits, and handle the transfer (which requires
writing a RISC program) and it works really well..  We are no longer in
the age where we need the kernel to do everything for us...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579