organization

mohamed aslan maslanbsd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 09:30:53 PST 2005

i cann't reply to all of ur comments
but , that is what makes u break off , as DragonFly split of u

u took my opinion as an attack,
u just wanna flaming,
u also got off topic "CVS and SVN",

my words were really facts Mr Scott , Linux layout is better than
FreeBSD layout , FreeBSD performance it better than Linux one , and
thnx for silly reply.

that's why i hate forums and maillists and i should mail this directly
to the core members.

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:46:04 -0600, Craig Boston <craig at tobuj.gank.org> wrote:
> At the risk of going further and further off-topic from
> freebsd-hackers...
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:29:13PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> > Sounds like a bad situation there.  On our server we use svn+ssh, except
> > for a few Windows clients that use https.  (BTW our server is running
> > 4-STABLE and it's wonderful.)
>
> Hmmm, I initially didn't want to use that because I read that it suffers
> from the same security issues as CVS.  The appeal of being able to
> fine-tune permissions and grant subversion access without shell access
> is quite luring.
>
> HTTP timeouts during long operations, on the other hand, suck.  ( my
> server is woefully underpowered :-D ).
>
> Note to davsvn users with slow servers: http-timeout = 3600 is your
> friend.
>
> > Heh.  :-)  1.1.3 is current now, but one can find mentions of a 1.1.4
> > bugfix release being planned, as well as the (farther out) 1.2 release
> > with locking.
>
> Oh, I've been running 1.1.3 on both client and server since it went into
> ports (many dump/loads later).  Just haven't taken the time to see
> what's new and compare to older versions. :)
>
> Craig

I'm Searching For Perfection,
So Even If U Need Portability U've To Use Assembly ;-)
http://www.maslanlab.org