organization

Craig Boston craig at tobuj.gank.org
Tue Mar 29 14:46:08 PST 2005

At the risk of going further and further off-topic from
freebsd-hackers...

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 02:29:13PM -0800, Bruce A. Mah wrote:
> Sounds like a bad situation there.  On our server we use svn+ssh, except
> for a few Windows clients that use https.  (BTW our server is running
> 4-STABLE and it's wonderful.)

Hmmm, I initially didn't want to use that because I read that it suffers
from the same security issues as CVS.  The appeal of being able to
fine-tune permissions and grant subversion access without shell access
is quite luring.

HTTP timeouts during long operations, on the other hand, suck.  ( my
server is woefully underpowered :-D ).

Note to davsvn users with slow servers: http-timeout = 3600 is your
friend.

> Heh.  :-)  1.1.3 is current now, but one can find mentions of a 1.1.4
> bugfix release being planned, as well as the (farther out) 1.2 release
> with locking.

Oh, I've been running 1.1.3 on both client and server since it went into
ports (many dump/loads later).  Just haven't taken the time to see
what's new and compare to older versions. :)

Craig