Firefox 2.0 ready for FreeBSD

Indigo 23 indigo23 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 01:48:40 UTC 2006

I also remembered something else that might be of assistance to you in
possibly determining the problem with Firefox. I downgraded to
firefox-1.5.0.7_1,1 and whenever I use it, the GTK theme that I
currently have active fails to apply to it.  I receive this type of
error:

(firefox-bin:91728): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
module_path: "clearlooks"

I made sure all my GTK/Glib packages are fine, I recompiled them
several times.  I also recompiled the theme and the engine (in this
case Clearlooks).  The only two applications (that I've noticed so
far) that fail to apply the GTK theme are Firefox and Thunderbird.
I've recompiled them a bunch of times and everytime I receive the same
problem.  Even when I start from scratch with firefox (i.e. removing
~/.mozilla/firefox), it still does the same thing. BTW, in Firefox, I
am using the default theme that comes with it.  When I was using Gnome
2.14, I didn't have this problem at all, this began ever since I
upgraded to Gnome 2.16.1.  Also, of interest to note is that even when
I switch GTK themes, it uses the default GTK look and refuses to apply
the theme in Firefox, so I know that it's not just a problem with
Clearlooks.

I'm not sure if this is of any assistance to you, but maybe whatever
is causing Firefox to fail in applying the theme is also causing it to
core dump (in the case of Firefox 2).

Here are relevant links to the theme problem I've been having:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2006-October/015675.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2006-October/015687.html
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-gnome/2006-October/015702.html

Other relevant info:
% uname -a
FreeBSD bsdbox 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #4: Tue Sep  5 06:54:26
EDT 2006     root at bsdbox:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/BSDBOX-DUALCORE
i386