FreeBSD%20Port:%20www/firefox

Jeremy Messenger mezz7 at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 06:23:31 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:11:09 -0600, Steven Plehier <steven at plehier.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently had an issue starting firefox 107-4,1 on 6.0-STABLE running
> on sparc64. The installation (using ports) went - relatively, some gmake
> errors - well but I was unable to start firefox.

What are errors of gmake? Why are you trying to start firefox if it will
not install due to failure of build (gmake)?

> I found the issue to be this line in the firefox script:
>
> moz_libdir="/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/firefox"
>
> I changed it to moz_libdir="/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox" and now it works
> fine. Is there a specific reason why the lib dir is pointing to a ports
> directory instead of X11R6/lib? The same goes for the mre dir one line
> below.

If you are trying to start firefox inside the www/firefox/work/ then I
doubt that it will working. Mine has the successed installation of firefox
and the moz_libdir is correct.

# grep moz_libdir /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox
moz_libdir="/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox"

# pkg_info | grep firefox
firefox-1.0.7_4,1

/me goes to class for the test now...