FreeBSD%20Port:%20www/firefox

Steven Plehier steven at plehier.net
Thu Nov 17 06:11:09 PST 2005

Hi,

I recently had an issue starting firefox 107-4,1 on 6.0-STABLE running
on sparc64. The installation (using ports) went - relatively, some gmake
errors - well but I was unable to start firefox.

I found the issue to be this line in the firefox script:

moz_libdir="/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/firefox"

I changed it to moz_libdir="/usr/X11R6/lib/firefox" and now it works
fine. Is there a specific reason why the lib dir is pointing to a ports
directory instead of X11R6/lib? The same goes for the mre dir one line
below.

Thanks

Steven