samba shared in nautilus not stable

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Thu Nov 10 15:41:24 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 15:36 -0800, Sean McNeil wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 15:23 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> >
> > Sean McNeil wrote:

> > |>|
> > |>|
> > |>|

> > | I'll try reinstalling those packages.  I have this feeling this might be
> > | related back to the cmsghdr fiasco with amd64 as it has caused issues in
> > | the past like this.  I have nothing but a feeling to go by here, though.
> >
> > That doesn't make sense since that code doesn't have anything to do with
> > MIME or gnome-vfs.  However, there have been magic issues in the past
> > with 64-bit platforms and MIME.  I don't think that's the case here, but
> > you might try surfing the mime-info module at http://cvs.freedesktop.org
> > to see if there are any relevant fixes.
> >
> > Of course, GNOME 2.12 will be coming into the tree soon.  You might want
> > to see if that helps.
>
> Performed a complete upgrade to 2.12 and fixed a few problems with my
> system, but now I'm back to this one.
>
> Removed kde completely just in case it was interfering in some way.  No
> Joy.
>
> Now, I see nothing in the network:/// except "Windows Network" no matter
> how many shares are out there.  smbtree looks good, however, no matter
> what I use for a password.
>
> This doesn't look like a FreeBSD problem, by the way.  I see the same
> behavior on a SuSE 10 installation.  I have a share running on that
> machine too and both the FreeBSD 6-STABLE and the SuSE 10 box show up on
> a Windows box in the browser.
>
> SSH shares work great, though.  When my Mac is up I see it show in
> Network:/// and can browse it no problem.

I see my MDNS advertised shares under network:/// as well as Windows
Network.  This is what I expect.  When I double-click on Windows
Network, I see my MARCUSCOM domain.  Under there, I see all three Samba
servers.

Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org
FreeNode / #freebsd-gnome
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome