analysis of rep-gtk2 problem when switching major OS versions

Mon Nov 7 05:06:15 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm updating to gnome 2.12 on a machine ATM. While doing this I stumbled over
a provlem with rep-gtk2 (I'm using sawfish2).

It uses OSREL in the GNUHOST variable. This is wrong. It needs to use the
OSREL value which was active at the time librep was compiled. We can't guess
this value of-course, so if there's no way to get it from librep, it needs to
use <X> in $X11BASE/libexec/<version of librep>/$ARCH-pc-freebsd<X>.

Bye,
Alexander.

No woman can call herself free until she can choose consciously whether
she will or will not be a mother.
		-- Margaret H. Sanger