wallpaper corruption in nautilus 2.12

Pav Lucistnik pav at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 7 03:25:38 PST 2005

Miguel Mendez píše v po 07. 11. 2005 v 12:14 +0100:
> > Screenshot says it all. Corruption of wallpaper, repeating of fragments
> > of the windows on the nautilus controlled screen estate. Also I see
> > short-term horizontal lines flashing over the screen when I type this
> > mail into the Evolution.
> >
> > Could this be cairo heading south? Do I have to have any special X
> > configuration now? I don't have direct rendering or 3D working here.
>
> Do you have the Render and Composite extensions enabled?

I had the X.org default, ie. RENDER on but no Composite.

I added Composite to the configuration manually and it seems to behaves
much better now. All the corruption is gone, expect the selection area
doesn't get cleared:

http://raven.oook.cz/nautilus-corruption2.png

Also the line flashes when typing in text are still present.

It's too bad Composite is not in default configuration, I think a lot of
clueless people like me will hit this.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav at oook.cz>
              <pav at FreeBSD.org>

Geography is only physics slowed down, with a few trees stuck on it...
  -- Terry Pratchett