libraw1394

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Wed Nov 8 21:12:26 UTC 2006

Mikhail Teterin wrote:
> Hi, Bruce!
>
> Is there a reason, you are working with libraw1394-1.2.0? The authors
> have posted version 1.2.1 back in April -- and that is, what my port
> skeleton (http://aldan.algebra.com/~mi/libraw1394.shar) would get you...

I didn't notice this new version, thanks for pointing this out.
Hopefully the differences between 1.2.0 and 1.2.1 are not large.

I haven't had free time to work on this. The code KO's my laptop, it
needs testing on a desktop machine with easy access to DDB, it must be
triggering a bug, perhaps in the firewire(4) ioctl handling.

Of particular note is the fact that raw1394 likes to address devices via
their number on the bus; the code in fwcontrol which I've been working
from prefers to address them via their EUI64 directly, however, this
would require a laborious set of lookups and reverse-lookups to work in
libraw1394. I'm sure there is an easier way, reading the code for
firewire(4) indicates it will accept bus-numbered addressing.

Regards,
BMS