maintainer for upcoming linux-fc6 ports

Boris Samorodov bsam at ipt.ru
Sat Mar 24 23:26:07 UTC 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:13:32 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:25:43 +0300):

> > I'd like to public my intention according upcoming linux-fc6
> > ports. All new ports initially will have /me as a maintainer.
> > When linux_base-fc6 (note: not when compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
> > becomes the default at -CURRENT) becomes the default linux port those
> > infrostructure linux ports maintained by emulation@ ATM will get the
> > list name as a maintainer.

> This is hard to parse, but I think I got your intention.

I know that in the past there have been some difficulties when linux
base and infrostructure ports were maintained by one person. And I
don't have an intention to grab the ports.

To rephrase what I ment:
- initial commit -- my maintainership;
- compat.linux.osrelease becomes default at -CURRENT -- no changes;
- linux_base-fc6 becomes default -- emulation@ maintainership for
  those fc4-infrostructure ports which are maintained by emulation@
  ATM.

> > Is it a right thing to do? Any recommendations?

> I don't object, but why? If you go this way, add a comment near the

Well, there will be a dozen audio ports. Should they all be assigned
to emulation@? If Linux Emulation Team says "It's The Rignt Thing To
Do" I'll be glad to do so. ;-)

Just for now, I don't know if it's good to say "Hey, pals, I've got
some (two-three dozens of) new ports you should look after".

> maintainer line regarding this. And add a comment in pkg-descr (or
> pkg-message?) that this port is for development purposes only ATM and
> should not be used for daily work (or something like this).

All those comments for sure should be given.

Thanks, Alexander. Your comments are very helpful as usual.

WBR
--
Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve