maintainer for upcoming linux-fc6 ports

Sun Mar 25 19:42:52 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (Sun, 25 Mar 2007 03:25:54 +0400):

> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 23:13:32 +0100 Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:25:43 +0300):
>
> > > I'd like to public my intention according upcoming linux-fc6
> > > ports. All new ports initially will have /me as a maintainer.
> > > When linux_base-fc6 (note: not when compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
> > > becomes the default at -CURRENT) becomes the default linux port those
> > > infrostructure linux ports maintained by emulation@ ATM will get the
> > > list name as a maintainer.
>
> > This is hard to parse, but I think I got your intention.
>
> I know that in the past there have been some difficulties when linux
> base and infrostructure ports were maintained by one person. And I
> don't have an intention to grab the ports.
>
> To rephrase what I ment:
> - initial commit -- my maintainership;

Ok.

> - compat.linux.osrelease becomes default at -CURRENT -- no changes;

I'm not sure this part is a good idea, but this can be reevaluated when
the change in current happens.

> - linux_base-fc6 becomes default -- emulation@ maintainership for
>   those fc4-infrostructure ports which are maintained by emulation@
>   ATM.
>
> > > Is it a right thing to do? Any recommendations?
>
> > I don't object, but why? If you go this way, add a comment near the
>
> Well, there will be a dozen audio ports. Should they all be assigned
> to emulation@? If Linux Emulation Team says "It's The Rignt Thing To
> Do" I'll be glad to do so. ;-)

As the Linux Emulation Team is mainly you and me (at least regarding
the ports related stuff), it boils down to what I think of it... and I
don't mind either way ATM.

> Just for now, I don't know if it's good to say "Hey, pals, I've got
> some (two-three dozens of) new ports you should look after".

As I may be playing with them for the linuxulator changes anyway...

I also think you will be quick as usual to look after problems in case
they arrive.

It's up to you.

The ATM board has run out of 10 pound notes.  We are having a whip round to refill it, care to contribute ?