maintainer for upcoming linux-fc6 ports

Sat Mar 24 22:13:40 UTC 2007

Quoting Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> (from Sat, 24 Mar 2007 18:25:43 +0300):

> Hi!
>

> I'd like to public my intention according upcoming linux-fc6
> ports. All new ports initially will have /me as a maintainer.
> When linux_base-fc6 (note: not when compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.16
> becomes the default at -CURRENT) becomes the default linux port those
> infrostructure linux ports maintained by emulation@ ATM will get the
> list name as a maintainer.

This is hard to parse, but I think I got your intention.

> Is it a right thing to do? Any recommendations?

I don't object, but why? If you go this way, add a comment near the
maintainer line regarding this. And add a comment in pkg-descr (or
pkg-message?) that this port is for development purposes only ATM and
should not be used for daily work (or something like this).

There are more things in heaven and earth than any place else.