The Italian translation has not been updated since 2008

Benedict Reuschling bcr at FreeBSD.org
Thu Aug 9 07:55:32 UTC 2018

Am 09.08.18 um 09:43 schrieb Alex Dupre:
> Guido Falsi wrote:
>> Being Italian and being a committer I could try to help in this regard.
>> Being just one person I'd make slow progress, but it's better than no
>> progress at all!
>
> The translation project was done by the GUFI and lead by me in the past,
> but it's really a huge work and the enthusiasm and time lowered to zero
> in the last years. I don't think that a single person can do much, but
> you are welcome.
>
>> What requirements are there to help updating translations? Is there a
>> translator's guide?
>
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/index.html

And more specificially, the PO translation chapter:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/po-translations.html

It would be great to see Italian translations coming back. Let us know
if you need help.

Regards,
Benedict