NLS additions to I18N chapter of developers-handbook [Was: Re: svn commit: r189765 - in head: . lib/libc lib/libc/nls]

Gábor Kövesdán gabor at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 27 13:10:33 UTC 2009

Rene Ladan escribió:
> Gábor Kövesdán schreef:
>> Robert Watson escribió:
>>> Do you have any advice on what to do for libraries that provide
>>> error strings in their own error spaces?  Is it intended that the
>>> library's init and destroy functions will open and close
>>> catalogues?  Will this work if the application the library is used
>>> by doesn't know about catalogues?  Etc...
>> I've made one more little addition, which can be useful to spare with
>> error strings. :)
>> http://kovesdan.org/patches/nls-doc2.diff
>>

> Looks nice.  I corrected a few minor mistakes in the attached patch.
Thanks!

> On my 8.0 box with localized libc, I get the English message when
> setting errno to ENOTDIR and calling err(1, NULL) in a test program.
> Is this to be expected?
No, something's wrong there. Are you sure LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL is set
correctly? Here I get this:

 > ./sort -T fre
sort: Not a directory
 > env LC_ALL=hu_HU.ISO8859-2 ./sort -T fre
sort: Nem könyvtár
 > env LC_ALL=nl_NL.ISO8859-1 ./sort -T fre
sort: Dit is geen directory

--
Gabor Kovesdan
FreeBSD Volunteer