NLS additions to I18N chapter of developers-handbook [Was: Re: svn commit: r189765 - in head: . lib/libc lib/libc/nls]

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 27 13:03:32 UTC 2009

Gábor Kövesdán schreef:
> Robert Watson escribió:
>> Do you have any advice on what to do for libraries that provide error
>> strings in their own error spaces?  Is it intended that the library's
>> init and destroy functions will open and close catalogues?  Will this
>> work if the application the library is used by doesn't know about
>> catalogues?  Etc...
> I've made one more little addition, which can be useful to spare with
> error strings. :)
> http://kovesdan.org/patches/nls-doc2.diff

Looks nice.  I corrected a few minor mistakes in the attached patch.

On my 8.0 box with localized libc, I get the English message when
setting errno to ENOTDIR and calling err(1, NULL) in a test program.
Is this to be expected?

Regards,
Rene

--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC (subkeys.pgp.net)