NLS additions to I18N chapter of developers-handbook [Was: Re: svn commit: r189765 - in head: . lib/libc lib/libc/nls]

Rene Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Fri Mar 27 13:31:41 UTC 2009

Gábor Kövesdán schreef:
> Rene Ladan escribió:
>> Gábor Kövesdán schreef:
>>> I've made one more little addition, which can be useful to spare with
>>> error strings. :)
>>> http://kovesdan.org/patches/nls-doc2.diff
>>>

>> Looks nice.  I corrected a few minor mistakes in the attached patch.
> Thanks!
>>
>> On my 8.0 box with localized libc, I get the English message when
>> setting errno to ENOTDIR and calling err(1, NULL) in a test program.
>> Is this to be expected?
> No, something's wrong there. Are you sure LC_MESSAGES or LC_ALL is set
> correctly? Here I get this:
>
>  > ./sort -T fre
> sort: Not a directory
>  > env LC_ALL=hu_HU.ISO8859-2 ./sort -T fre
> sort: Nem könyvtár
>  > env LC_ALL=nl_NL.ISO8859-1 ./sort -T fre
> sort: Dit is geen directory

I sometimes still get English messages even when I set both LC_ALL and
LC_MESSAGES to nl_NL.ISO8859-1 :
 > echo $SHELL
/bin/tcsh
 > ls bla
ls: bla: Bestand of map niet gevonden
 > notacommand
notacommand: Command not found

output of { errno = ENOTDIR; err(1, NULL); } :
do-err: Not a directory

svn revision 189775

Any idea what could be wrong?

Regards,
Rene
--
http://www.rene-ladan.nl/

GPG fingerprint = ADBC ECCD EB5F A6B4 549F  600D 8C9E 647A E564 2BFC (subkeys.pgp.net)