Interpreted language(s) in the base

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Mon Aug 16 09:03:43 UTC 2010

Doug Barton <dougb at FreeBSD.org> writes:
> lua	too "flavor of the day," not enough track record of stability,
> 	not enough installed base/proven utility

You're wrong.  Lua has been around for ages and is especially widely
used as a game scripting engine.  It is not intended as a standalone
language, but as an embeddable scripting engine.  We could easily create
our own scripting language based on lua with FreeBSD-specific functions,
and there would be no fear of interfering with third-party software,
because it wouldn't be called lua.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no