FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Jan 11 00:55:34 PST 2008

In message <4786F66A.5010003 at gmail.com>, "Aryeh M. Friedman" writes:

>1. Should people be allowed to code FreeBSD as a hobby (with or
>without any financial reward)?  Oh course

This is a retorical question that has nothing to do with changing
the licensen.  (And so was the rest for that matter.)

Ny scheme that depends on us changing the license is a non-starter
for both practical (we'd need to get everybodys acceptance of that,
and piss of a large number of users who have cleared the BSD license
with their laywers) and ideological (we don't want to create uncertainty
about the well known and deeply established BSD license).