latest rc.subr breaks etc/rc.d/sendmail

mtm at FreeBSD.Org mtm at FreeBSD.Org
Mon Feb 4 08:36:16 UTC 2008

On 2/1/08, Giorgos Keramidas <keramida at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Revision 1.80 of src/etc/rc.subr stops Sendmail from starting
> here with:
>
> root at kobe:/root# /etc/rc.d/sendmail start
> Cannot 'start' sendmail. Set sendmail_enable to YES in /etc/rc.conf or use
> 'onestart' instead of 'start'.
> root at kobe:/root#
>
> My /etc/rc.conf contains:
>
> root at kobe:/root# grep sendmail /etc/rc.conf
> sendmail_enable="NO"
> sendmail_outbound_enable="NO"
> sendmail_submit_enable="YES"
> sendmail_msp_queue_enable="YES"
> root at kobe:/root#
>
> Rolling back to 1.79 seems to work, but I am not sure how to fix
> his yet.

I'm not at my computer (and won't be for a couple of days) but I think
I know what the problem is. It (rev. 1.80) shouldn't have introduced
any functional changes, just extra diagnostic output. It doesn't
actually prevent the last two (sendmail_submit and sendmail_msp_queue)
from loading, right?

Cheers.
Mike.