CFT: nge(4)

Pyun YongHyeon pyunyh at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 06:43:40 UTC 2008

Dear all,

Here is overhauled nge(4) that shall address all known issues.
Specifically nge(4) should now
 - run on all architectures.
 - work with hardware VLAN tag insertion/stripping.
 - take advantage of checksum offload for vlan interface.
 - support 1000SX media with gentbi(4).
 - performan better than stock nge(4).
 - support WOL(Not tested).

I had been testing the overhauled nge(4) for months and I think
it's time to get more feedback from users. Due to lack of TBI
interface the functionality of TBI interface was not tested yet.
If you have nge(4) hardwares please give it spin and let me know
the result. You can get the latest nge(4) at the following URL.

http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/nge/if_nge.c
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/nge/if_ngereg.h

--
Regards,