8.0-CURRENT built on 08/20 crashing with HTT enabled

Kostik Belousov kostikbel at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 20:49:48 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:12:26PM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> * Renato Botelho <rbgarga at gmail.com> wrote:
> > kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
>
> I already spoke with Renato privately and one thing that concerns me:
> shouldn't we normally get a panic when receiving this?

No, there are several possibilities for the situation to arise in the
kernel. The fact that page fault got handled is interesting, it could be
that some paged memory is accessed too early in the boot sequence (guess).
You may add kdb_backtrace() after printf() there, it might show enough
information to understand the issue.