8.0-CURRENT built on 08/20 crashing with HTT enabled

Rink Springer rink at FreeBSD.org
Wed Aug 20 21:40:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 11:32:38PM +0300, Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 10:12:26PM +0200, Ed Schouten wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > * Renato Botelho <rbgarga at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled
> >
> > I already spoke with Renato privately and one thing that concerns me:
> > shouldn't we normally get a panic when receiving this?
>
> No, there are several possibilities for the situation to arise in the
> kernel. The fact that page fault got handled is interesting, it could be
> that some paged memory is accessed too early in the boot sequence (guess).
> You may add kdb_backtrace() after printf() there, it might show enough
> information to understand the issue.

Revision 181938 should fix this - Kip just committed it, it was a small
oversight.

--
Rink P.W. Springer                                - http://rink.nu
"Anyway boys, this is America. Just because you get more votes doesn't