Any successful installs on a Broadcom HT1000 chipset?

Travis Mikalson bofh at terranova.net
Fri Nov 30 08:33:37 PST 2007

Barney Cordoba wrote:
> --- Travis Mikalson <bofh at terranova.net> wrote:
>
>> Barney Cordoba wrote:

>> an
>> or
>>  >
>>> I think we've established that 6.x works and 7.x
>>> doesn't.
>>>
>>> Barney
>> Not mine, I'm afraid.
>>
>> See post from yesterday where I tried 6.2 and 6.3 on
>> my Tyan S3950 and
>> it worked poorly.
>>
>> Not sure what the major difference between one
>> HT1000 board and another
>> could be, but mine seems to be in the most-afflicted
>> category. I count
>> myself lucky that it works as well as it does with
>> RELENG_7 so long as I
>> avoid the PCI-X slot or the on-board SATA.
>
> It seems to me it makes more sense to use a different
> MB than avoiding the slot and not using SATA. One of
> the attractions of the HT1000 is the SATA performance.

I have three of them already so.. I'd like them to work. I consider the
broken status temporary and the SiI3114 controllers a temporary
workaround. And of course I'd like FreeBSD to work well for everybody
else on this platform.

> Are you sending Soren a MB, or what is the status of
> that?

Yes, I corresponded with Søren privately and I am going to send him a
Tyan S3950 kit, he was unable to reproduce the issue on his specific
HT1000-based hardware.

--
TerraNovaNet Internet Services - Key Largo, FL
Voice: (305)453-4011 x101   Fax: (305)451-5991