weird error with nmh

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jun 25 22:07:12 UTC 2007

In message: <20070624191345.7f08c10e.garyj at jennejohn.org>
            Gary Jennejohn <garyj at jennejohn.org> writes:
: I'm using exmh with nmh on a freshly installed AMD64-current:
: 	7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #4: Sat Jun 23 19:29:01 CEST
: 2007
:
: nmh uses its own version of strcasecmp() because in many cases it
: passes NULL pointers to it and must check for that.
:
: However, somehow the version in libc gets used rather than the version
: from nmh and calling e.g. repl results in a SIGSEGV because the NULL
: pointer is dereferenced.
:
: I was forced to rename the routine to nmhstrcasecmp() all over the
: place. After that repl works.
:
: My question - why isn't the version in nmh overriding the version in
: libc? Am I misunderstanding something here?

I see exactly this too...

Warner