weird error with nmh

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Sun Jun 24 17:13:54 UTC 2007

I'm using exmh with nmh on a freshly installed AMD64-current:
	7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #4: Sat Jun 23 19:29:01 CEST
2007

nmh uses its own version of strcasecmp() because in many cases it
passes NULL pointers to it and must check for that.

However, somehow the version in libc gets used rather than the version
from nmh and calling e.g. repl results in a SIGSEGV because the NULL
pointer is dereferenced.

I was forced to rename the routine to nmhstrcasecmp() all over the
place. After that repl works.

My question - why isn't the version in nmh overriding the version in
libc? Am I misunderstanding something here?

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg
garyjATdenxDOTde