Issues with kernel / userland drivers after recent install and upgrade

illoai at gmail.com illoai at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:48:27 UTC 2007

On 01/06/07, youshi10 at u.washington.edu <youshi10 at u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>       I have the following issues with a clean install of 7-CURRENT;
> they may be related to the GCC upgrade or other things.

Probably not related to gcc4.2

> Background:
>       I started out with a virgin clean 6.2-RELEASE system, then went
> straight to 7-CURRENT (synced yesterday) wit out installing anything
> (to avoid having to reinstall packages, etc).
>
> pass:
> 1. I have pass compiled into the kernel statically, but /dev/pass* isn't
> created on boot (devfs is running properly I believe).

What SCSI devices do you have?

> ohci/ukbd/ums:
> 1. These aren't operating properly. I can't see any keyboard output
> even though before when I didn't compile ukbd into the kernel the USB
> keyboard worked magically with slight lag preceding the first input.

"device ukbd" is in GENERIC . . .
Assuming you commented it out, and you did not
disinclude the module via /etc/make.conf, the lag
was probably the module loading automagically.

I have the line
usbd_enable="YES"
in /etc/rc.conf, although I do not know
where the heck it comes from, since it
did not used to be needed under 6.1,
and it does not appear in /etc/defaults/rc.conf

> 2. The mouse cursor doesn't move whatsoever.
> 3. OHCI isn't detected on boot, and I think that only UHCI is detected
> properly, even though my board is EHCI/OHCI capable (Asus P5B-
> Deluxe).

% dmesg -a | grep hci
perhaps?