6.0-RC1: Boot panic - Update - solved

Tobias Mohrlüder tobias.m81 at web.de
Thu Oct 13 05:01:39 PDT 2005

 > You are loading the rtc (emulators/rtc) module compiled for
 > 5-stable (as stated in your previous mail, you upgraded 5->6.0).
 > Disable loading of the module and you should be fine, if i'm
 > not mistaken, it's loaded from a rc.d-script in /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d

Argh.

Yes, you are right. I've deinstalled the whole package (since I couldn't
find the place where the module is loaded) and everything runs fine.

Really frustrating, I thought I did not make such a silly mistake :-/ ..

Thanks for your help and sorry for stealing your time.

Bye,

Tobias *should-use-SuSE* Mohrlüder