Problems with Acer Travelmate & PC-Card interface

Rehsack Jens (ext) jens.rehsack.ext at siemensvdo.com
Thu Oct 13 05:23:45 PDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: M. Warner Losh [mailto:imp at bsdimp.com]
Sent: Friday, October 07, 2005 7:08 PM
To: Rehsack Jens (ext)
Cc: rehsack at liwing.de; jon at freebsd.org; current at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Problems with Acer Travelmate & PC-Card interface

> : > > : Is there a way for me to support you with data or traces to
figure
> : it
> : > > : out? Or do I simply have to wait ...
> : > >
> : > > If you had the debugging level like I suggested, then I think
so.
> : You
> : > > did run it with hw.cardbus.cis_debug=1, right?
> : >
> : > Yes, I did. And it adds exactly the 4 lines you've additional in
the
> : log.
> : >
> : > > Warner
> :
> : Any news, Warner?
>
> No.

Hi Warner, but I have. I attach a (stripped) /var/log/messages
where I've inserted 2 similar cards. 1st is a UMTS-Card including
WLAN-Module and is designed as cardbus card (of course), 2nd is
a simple UMTS modem which is a "normal" PC-Card.

I hope this will help you make any progress, because it would just
be fine when I can start using my hardware without switching to
windows ;)

Best regards,
Jens