ATI on FreeBSD! FireGL Linux Driver Port

James Tanis jtanis at pycoder.org
Tue Dec 27 13:56:46 PST 2005

I'm not really sure what the point is. Develop a FreeBSD native module
to support a linux-emulated DRM/X/etc? While the FreeBSD module is
obviously necessary, ATI's X11/XOrg driver should be extremely
portable seeing as how X's API is the same across platforms.. Just
seems a bit.. ass backwards in all fairness.. I guess if ATI isn't
going to throw you a bone its the best you can do, but that's a very
*large* installation base just to run a smattering of programs. ATI's
pretty much lost my business, unless they change their attitude
towards open source drastically and quick the 9800 I bought years ago
was the last purchase they'll see from me. Don't take this as a put
down, if your able to deliver on this, it'll definately be a nice
addition -- I'm just used to disappointment as far as ATI is concerned
:P.