Noticable Delays Since Beta 3

Ryan Sommers ryans at gamersimpact.com
Thu Oct 7 11:47:34 PDT 2004

> Under X (using xfce4), the mouse freezes for a few seconds in random
> windows (indepedent of the program), then it jumps back up to life
> after 2 to 5 seconds. This happens even when the mouse is currently
> being moved (so it's not the X server being swapped in so somesuch).
> The cursor freezes while in motion, and it reappears a few seconds later
> an another location.

Are you using a wireless card by chance? I've had something similar happen
when I was in an area with a very weak signal. Anytime the signal would
drop and the card would attempt to reacquire the mouse or keyboard would
'pop'. When I inquired about it on the mailing list someone mentioned
something about it being related to timeout(9). Not sure if that is still
the case or not.

--
Ryan Sommers
ryans at gamersimpact.com