Noticable Delays Since Beta 3

cpghost at cordula.ws cpghost at cordula.ws
Thu Oct 7 11:00:37 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 11:31:15AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> I actually get this often in WindowMaker when I'm switching to a desktop
> that contains mozilla.  It takes about 5-10 seconds for mozilla to
> redraw itself and start accepting input.  I haven't had time to figure
> out the source, I just assumed for now that it was because the mozilla
> process started swapping to disk, and swapping it back in was thrashing
> things.

This happens not only under X, but in normal vtys too. You can type
some keys, wait a few seconds, then the characters appear. After this, the
keyboard works fine (for a while).

Under X (using xfce4), the mouse freezes for a few seconds in random
windows (indepedent of the program), then it jumps back up to life
after 2 to 5 seconds. This happens even when the mouse is currently
being moved (so it's not the X server being swapped in so somesuch).
The cursor freezes while in motion, and it reappears a few seconds later
an another location.

This is on a FreeBSD 5.3-BETA7 from Oct 5th.

Regards,
-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/