Was: More ULE bugs fixed. Is: Mouse problem?

Khairil Yusof kaeru at pd.jaring.my
Wed Nov 5 09:12:34 PST 2003

On Wed, 2003-11-05 at 17:04, Jeremy Messenger wrote:

> I don't get any mouse lag anymore in the 'cd /usr/src ; make clean ;
make
> cleandir' and the beginner of 'portupgrade -ra'. I did the hard test;
> have Gnome2, Opera 7 (linux version), several gvim, several
gnome-terminal
> tabs, pan and even use totem to watch a movie (700mb) in full screen
mode
> ;-).. While watching the movie and it doesn't get lag that much only
while
> unpack the large tarballs like mozilla. While the build and clean, it
only
> has very very little lag like one to two time(s) but the rest are
pretty
> smooth. The mouse doesn't get any lag at all.

Yup.. Latest SCHED_ULE commit did it for me. My system now is fast and
responsive. I ran similar tests, and everything ran quite smoothly with
Gnome Desktop environment. Quite drastic change, system was practically
unusable before this with SCHED_ULE.

However, under higher CPU usage (90%+) and load (>2) the mouse starts to
feel sluggish. While still responsive enough to use, it still slows down
enough to be noticeable.

psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: model IntelliMouse, device ID 3
Dual Pentium III
Intel 440BX

> BTW: I don't use KSE because of Nvidia driver.

Confirmed. It now works just fine (so far) with KSE.