Raspberry Pi SPI device example?

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 01:49:36 UTC 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 06:34, Milan Obuch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have little display attached to my raspberry, description found at
> https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi
>
> It uses SPI interface for bouth display module and touch panel overlay,
> so my question is - do we have any example how a SPI connected device
> could be used? This module uses ILI9341 as TFT driver/controller and
> STMPE610 for touch screen interface, both in SPI mode. As datasheets
> are available on internet, it should not be too hard to write a driver,
> but first some example would be great...
>
> Do we have anything like this? I could try to look how it is done on
> raspbian linux, but as internally this is totally different, I would
> like to avoid this, not to mention I have a hard time understand linux
> kernel sources...
>
> Regards,
> Milan

Hi Milan,

ATM we only support SPI devices as kernel drivers (no userland support yet).

I guess you could add a vt(4) driver for ILI9341.

The SPI drivers currently in tree are:

- sys/arm/lpc/ssd1289.c
- sys/arm/samsung/exynos/chrome_ec_spi.c
- sys/dev/flash/mx25l.c
- sys/dev/flash/at45d.c
- sys/mips/atheros/pcf2123_rtc.c

Luiz