Raspberry Pi SPI device example?

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Mon Feb 16 08:34:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have little display attached to my raspberry, description found at
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi

It uses SPI interface for bouth display module and touch panel overlay,
so my question is - do we have any example how a SPI connected device
could be used? This module uses ILI9341 as TFT driver/controller and
STMPE610 for touch screen interface, both in SPI mode. As datasheets
are available on internet, it should not be too hard to write a driver,
but first some example would be great...

Do we have anything like this? I could try to look how it is done on
raspbian linux, but as internally this is totally different, I would
like to avoid this, not to mention I have a hard time understand linux
kernel sources...

Regards,
Milan