Raspberry Pi image and pkg_add, pkg etc

Ian Lepore ian at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 5 22:59:28 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-03-04 at 12:20 -0500, Jad Cooper wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to get involved in cleaning up/helping mature the Freebsd Rasperry Pi image.
> It's a fantastic platform but some things are broken especially the package manager as it seems to not correctly resolve the FTP repository, or incorrectly looks for tzb files or looks for a directory called ARMv6 when in fact the txz files are in the ARM folder.
>
> Please not this is my first such post so if the formatting or post is in the wrong list, I do apologize in advance.
>
> Jad

I don't think I quite understand your question, which is not too
surprising since I know almost nothing about ports and packages.  I do
want to make sure you get a response from someone who knows about these
things; I've added one such person to the CC list.

One thing that confuses me about your question is the reference to the
ftp repository... I don' think there are any arm packages being built
and distributed by the FreeBSD project right now.  Are you trying to set
up your own local repository, or connect to a private one somewhere?

-- Ian