More about the 9500S-4 issues with the MoBo and FreeBSD...

ray at redshift.com ray at redshift.com
Tue Nov 29 15:18:40 GMT 2005

| RAID 10, 4x SATA 187GB. To be used in a semi high end MySQL database
| server, and for me software RAID is pretty much a no-no (unless all else
| fails).

If your clients are hoping for a high end reliable MySQL database, they sure
picked a funny motherboard for it :)  Like you say, I think that motherboard is
popular with gamers.  And usually those boards are designed for working great
with the latest greatest video card and not much else.

Tyan baby, tyan.  Check their website for distributors.  Or check some place
like pricewatch.com and see how has the board you are looking for.  I also have
a distributor I use that is an AMD gold partner (or something like that).  I
would imagine they can ship pretty much wherever. If you need a contact for
them, contact me off list.

Ray