freebsd in compaq presario 900

Neil Short neshort at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 22:01:21 PST 2005

--- Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> BTW, AFAICT it doesn't have an amd64 chip, just a
> regular 32 bit
> Athlon. So you'd want to install an i386 version of
> FreeBSD, not the
> amd64 one.

My laptop (HP ZV5000) is the same as the Compaq R3000.
It has the same exact problems; although I ordered an
Athlon XP-M processor for it (for some dumb reason).
All the AMD64 patches for the compaq/hp laptops have
been applicable to mine as well - even though the
processor isn't 64 bit

=====
If history always begins this morning, the world holds
exciting surprises around every corner (241).
--Ann Coulter. Treason.