freebsd in compaq presario 900

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 26 07:29:26 PST 2005

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 03:02:11AM +0545, raj kumar gurung wrote:
> i am a newbie to freebsd ...i would like to have some information
> regarding freebsd installation on my compaq 900 laptop (that have
> AMDchip)..
> Have any one got experience with it ? or any ideas ..

You could try to run the FreeSBIE liveCD. (www.freesbie.org) It's based
on FreeBSD 5.3. If it works, you shouldn't have much trouble installing 5.3.

BTW, AFAICT it doesn't have an amd64 chip, just a regular 32 bit
Athlon. So you'd want to install an i386 version of FreeBSD, not the
amd64 one.

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail