hardware suggestions

alan barrow alan.barrow at psineteurope.com
Thu Mar 11 01:23:50 PST 2004

Dude :) may the force be with you...

I have been trying the tyan 2882 with onboard SCSI. Just make sure you
have the correct riser and free-64 goes in fine. We have also tried the
board with the SMDC card - console redirect to COMM2.

The board looks good so far the broadcom adapters work fine, as for SCSI
we are using the LSI 301 and have tried the intel SRCU42L both seem to
work fine.

N.B. The only issue with the LSI is you need patience as the BIOS only
comes up after all the boot devices have failed.

We sourced via UK, but the SUN kit comes direct from these guy's and
works really well (good fit and LOM)

http://www.newisys.com/products/2100_specifications.html

yours a.r.b.