hardware suggestions

Justin Hopper jhopper at bsdhosting.net
Wed Mar 10 22:04:36 PST 2004

Hello,

I'm investigating the use of a dual or quad Opteron server for an
upcoming project and am curious what vendors people are using for their
hardware.  We will need a 1U with 3 or 4 hot-swap SCSI drive bays, and
we will of course be running FreeBSD.

I've been on Appro's site, but it seems that they are missing the server
that I'm looking for.  Their 1U boxen have only 2 drive bays.

I'm also looking to get an overall feel for the stability and maturity
of the freebsd-amd64 branch.  I just joined the list, so I'm sorry if
this has been discussed before.  I'll gladly accept pasted messages from
times past.

Thanks for any assistance.
--
Justin Hopper  <jhopper at bsdhosting.net>