BSD Mall : to hell

Dag-Erling Smørgrav des at des.no
Fri Feb 24 13:15:10 PST 2006

Miguel Lopes Santos Ramos <miguel at anjos.strangled.net> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> writes:
> > The CD packing business funded FreeBSD development for years before
> > the Internet killed it.
> [...]
> I keep my subscription since 1995, even though it's not ecological.
> You seem to confirm my belief that the money I pay for my
> subscription goes to FreeBSD development. I'm relieved.

It depends where you buy it.

> I didn't know FreeBSD development was killed.

No, the CD packing business was.  Walnut Creek CD-ROM spent a lot of
money and time funding and promoting FreeBSD, which was their most
profitable title for years.  These days, however, it's faster and
cheaper for most people to download and burn an ISO image than to
order a CD from a packager.

DES
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des at des.no