FreeBSD training in Phoenix, Arizona in December

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Sat Oct 16 10:58:10 PDT 2004

An important part of FreeBSD advocacy is providing training, free or paid.

Does anyone know of any colleges or universities that teach FreeBSD admin
or development skills? (I think Western Washington University uses NetBSD
in an Unix development class.)

Does anyone know of any free, non-cost, FreeBSD training? I know there are
a variety of FreeBSD lectures for free but usually short, free,
presentations don't have enough time to go into a lot of detail. (As for
myself, I've had the great opportunity to give over six free lectures
*introducing* BSD.)

Are there any online classes (free or paid) for FreeBSD specific skills?

Puget Sound Technology is teaching another FreeBSD system administration
class in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. The hands-on course, to be held December 7
- 10, will cover the fundamental skills needed for FreeBSD system
administration.

The course topics include FreeBSD installation, using the ports
collection, updating FreeBSD, custom kernel configurations,
understanding the rc.d scripts, periodic tasks, and packet filtering.

The class also covers standard Unix administration skills, such as
cron, syslogging, inetd, user and group administration, and basic
network configurations. Students will also learn the basics of DNS,
SMTP, and Postfix and will setup their own DNS zones and Apache-based
virtual websites.

The course details
are at http://www.pugetsoundtechnology.com/training/freebsd/ . And
discounts are available.

A separate Unix shell essentials crash course is being offered on
December 6.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/