Ultra 160 Support in Redhat 7.1 (aic7xxx 6.1.7)

Justin T. Gibbs gibbs at scsiguy.com
Sat Oct 20 10:12:37 PDT 2001

>Hello,
>
>Is there Ultra 160 support in version 6.1.7 of AIC7xxx
>driver?

Yes, but I would suggest upgrading to a later driver revision.
See:

http://people.FreeBSD.org/~gibbs/linux/

>I am using the one that comes with Redhat 7.1,
>2.4.2 kernel. AIC driver is built into the kernel.

The default driver in RedHat 7.1 was Doug's aic7xxx
driver.  Are you sure that you are using the newer one?

>I get:
>(scsi0: A:1:0): parity error detec ted in Data-in
>phase ...
>
>Spent 3 days, countless hours and every imaginable
>cable/terminator/drive combinations and still can't
>get it working.

Includeing replacing the cables/terminators/drive?
I've tracked such problems down to a bent pin *on
the drive* before.

>If the driver is the issue, I am gonna
>give a big kick in the butt to Redhat folks.

They've been pretty slow in taking up newer driver
drops, so a big kick might help. 8-)

--
Justin