Ultra 160 Support in Redhat 7.1 (aic7xxx 6.1.7)

jimmy x55k at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 21 02:55:44 PDT 2001

Hello Justin,

My question was: Is there Ultra 160 support in version
6.1.7 of AIC7XXX driver?

Advising to upgrade to a newer version does not really
help me at this moment. This is a production server
with AIC driver built into kernel and upgrading it is
an option only if there is no U160 support from
developers.

I am trying to track down the problem with U160 15K
Seagate Cheetah. I am assuming that the problem
originates from the AIC driver. But I have to get a
word from developers if this is the reality.

The same system boots just fine from DOS (floppy boot)
with 2 drives and we have copied 9 GB IBM Ultra2 drive
to 36 GB 15K Ultra 160 Seagate drive without a hitch.
I mean, both drives are visible and work fine from
DOS.

So, this definitely is not a termination/bad
pin/cabling issue.

Thanks,

Jimmy