AIC7XXX for SMP kernel

Mike Isely isely at enteract.com
Tue Dec 14 10:03:44 PST 1999

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Robert L. Brown Jr. wrote:

> Where's the FAQ located?

At the moment, I don't remember (but... uh... you can probably search the
archive and find a reference to it...)

> Where's this email archive that you refer to?

Peter Holzer just posted this earlier today:

>On 1999-12-14 06:35:16 -0500, Sapphire Software wrote:
>> If there is no archive of this mailng list, maybe we can start to
>> make one.
>
>I think there are several. I am keeping  one at
>http://www.luga.at/mailing-lists/aic7xxx/ (Don't be fooled by the "This
>month (Jan 1999)" on the start page, the archive itself is up-to-date).
>
>It is also searchable, but the index is only updated once a week (this
>is only a 486, and indexing 10000+ pages takes some time).

I know his archive goes all the way back to 1993.  I know this because
I've been saving this list traffic continuously since Fall 1993 and I gave
him a copy with which to seed the archive.

It seems that this information is not very obvious to people on this list.
Putting it into the standard aic7xxx list message body suffix would
probably help a lot here.

  -Mike

    POSITIVELY NO       |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
 UNSOLICITED JUNK MAIL! |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8
                        |   (spam-foiling  address)   |