AIC7XXX for SMP kernel

Robert L. Brown Jr. rbrownjr at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 14 09:52:09 PST 1999

Where's the FAQ located?

Where's this email archive that you refer to?

The only reason that I found this mailing list is because I downloaded
the latest kernel source and fishing through the directories to luckily find
a file called README.aic7xxx file. Nowhere in this file does it mention where
an email archive or FAQ exists.

The RedHat website has sooooooooo many sources for support, that you don't
know which one is correct anymore and NONE of them mention a thing about
the SMP & aic7xxx problem (oh, excuse me, I forgot that aic7xxx is not a
problem -> sarcasm!). In fact, the RedHat 6.0 distibution doesn't even work
out of the box for my system, SMP or uniprocessor mode. It took me weeks to
find the ONE place that says that there are new boot images and modules for
RH 6.0, because I had to enter the precise keywords in a search engine that
finally generated a document that pointed me in the right direction to get
the uniporcessor version working, but it made no referrence to the solution to
get the SMP version working.

So if you can, please just one more time for my sake, list all of the viable
sources that I can go to when I have a problem with Linux so that I am not
reading bible fulls of information that have nothing to do with my Linux
problems?

Where's the FAQ?

Where's the email archive?

-Robert