Adaptec Fast-Wide & IBM DHFS Drive

Steven N. Hirsch shirsch at ibm.net
Sun Sep 28 13:18:19 PDT 1997

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997, Eric Geyer wrote:

> from this IBM web page:
> http://www.storage.ibm.com/techsup/hddtech/dfhs/dfhsjum.htm
>
> Disable T.I. sync negotiation pin
>
> If a Disable Target Initiated Synchronous Negotiation pin is grounded then an
> Initiator is required to start a negotiation handshake if
> Synchronous and/or "Wide" (Double Byte) SCSI transfers are desired. Please
> refer to the DFHS Interface Specification for more details on
> this feature.
>
> This may indeed be the problem, if I read this correctly.  Anyway, it is the
> fourth jumper pair from the right end of the large jumper block - the web page
> has lots of pictures.

Been there.  Done that.  Didn't make a shred of difference in the
(mis)behavior.  Keep those suggestions coming, though.  I'm beginning to
think that the drive will need a firmware update.  AFAIK, IBM does not
make these available for download.  If anyone knows differently, please
give me a pointer to  where I can grab it?

Steve