Re: ClamAV requiring COMPAT_FREEBSD11

From: Yasuhiro Kimura <yasu_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2022 11:08:34 UTC
From: Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Subject: ClamAV requiring COMPAT_FREEBSD11
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2022 12:49:11 +0200

> Hello.
>
> I build clamav-0.105.1,1 (from quarterly branch) in Poudriere and I've
> always used it without problems.
>
> Suddenly last night freshclam started dying on a few machines: it turn
> out it prints "bad system call", due to the lack of COMPAT_FREEBSD11
> in the kernel.
> Strangely it's been working with those kernels for years.
>
> In any case, I'm trying to find a way out of this: I really wouldn't
> want to install a new kernel on a remote machine, considering the
> customers might be on the verge of closing for holidays, so I might
> not have the chance to go and fix it in case of troubles.
> OTOH I can't leave ClamAV without DB updates for weeks, so I'm
> investigating if an alternative exists.
>
> Why this requirement?
> Is there a way to recompile ClamAV in order to let freshclam work
> without this kernel support?
>
> Thanks.
>
>  bye
> 	av.

Commit updating security/clamav to 0.105.1,1 isn't merged to current
(2022Q3) quarterly branch. So if you really build with quarterly
branch and get 0.105.1,1, it is very likely you make something wrong
with building clamav package.

And please provide following imformation.

* Your rchitecture
* Your OS version (both host and jail)
* Your options setting

Best Regards.